1. What is Hunter Industries best known for and what does the company do which might not be well known?
Hunter is best known as a global manufacturer of golf and landscape irrigation products.
We also manufacture a complete range of energy efficient outdoor landscape lighting products under the brand name FX LUMINAIRE and have a dedicated division that provides Custom Manufacturing solutions utilizing our world-class facilities and state-of-the-art technology.
2. What are the biggest challenges Hunter Industries has faced in the last ten years, and how have they been overcome?
There are always plenty of challenges, but the global Covid-19 pandemic has been our biggest challenge to date. From a business standpoint, our culture at Hunter has really proven to be a strategic strength through these difficult times.
While the game of golf was recovering in a big way from the shutdowns in early 2020, our teams, partners and customers really set themselves apart through superior communication and teamwork. For sure we have come out of the experience stronger.
3. What advice do you have for golf course architects when it comes to selecting Hunter Industries for their projects?
Talk to us! We are committed to every project from the planning stage all the way through the life of the system to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved.
4. What interesting environmental initiatives have Hunter Industries been involved with, or seen installed, on a golf course?
We are a company built on innovation and the most important environmental initiative to date is the development of the G85 rotor. Our patented Pressure Port technology optimizes the pressure at each nozzle to provide the most efficient application of water on the market.
Our superior rotor uniformity of coverage across the irrigated surface improves the playing surface, reduces manual watering, reduces pumping costs and overall system water consumption. If you are not using the most efficient rotors, everything else is a cover up when it comes to environmental initiatives.
5. What new or recent developments by Hunter Industries should EIGCA members be aware of?
We are continually developing irrigation technology based on an unyielding commitment to feedback from greenkeepers throughout the world. One example would be the complete overhaul of our central control software application by our software engineering team which results in an intuitive and agile central control network.
For more information go to www.hunterindustries.com