Club de Golf Sant Cugat is one of the oldest golf courses in Spain, established in 1914. The first layout was set by H.S.Colt, a short course with severe elevation changes, small tiered greens and deep bunkers that have produced a large number of good players.
In 2000 the board decided to improve the course layout, as during the years some holes have been added, lacking character and leaving a 23 hole course, where different 18 hole courses could be organized, but none having a real sense of a well-planned and designed course. A committee was set to organize a composite course, and selected our team for designing three new holes and redesigning three old holes in order to have an improved 18 hole course, bringing back the character given by H.S.Colt to the first laid holes.
Remodelled holes were 2, 3 and 17th (par 3, par 5 and par 3), and three new par 4's were designed and built in new grounds northeast of the site. The holes were nicely set up in the hills given for the design, and took advantage of the pine trees, oaks and the deep creek crossing the property.